I recently came across an article which I found actually quite disturbing lol. Its from "Vitality" magazine "December/January 2012": Here is a short quote from that article.
"Perfume Pills
A pill is being developed that will turn a person's perspiration into a fragrance. Swallowable parfum will work with a person's metabolism and release fragrant molecules through the skins surface. Because everyone is genetically unique, the scent will differ for every person and will take on an individual's characteristics."
"The swallowable parfum capsules are being developed by Netherlands-based Lucy McRae and synthetic biologist Sheref Mansy. No release date has yet been set."
I am no biologist or scientist but I have to wonder about this, and I have done no research on this its just my own ramblings but I mean we as animals rely quite heavily on each others smells don't we, isn't this one of the things that attracts us to our mates? I mean what is this, "I cant be bothered to shower today, I think I will go pop a pill instead" lol seriously though what is it about. I suppose the fact that it says it will differ for every person as we are genetically unique will be a good selling point, I mean, its how we are meant to smell right? :p
Imagine giving this to a wild animal, skipping round out there thinking to itself of its predators "thats right, can't track me now biatch!" haha :) I don't know the mechanics of this thing but would be interesting to find out just how much it does take away from our natural bodily smell, is it no more than just like wearing a perfume or does it actually alter ones natural odour. Personally, I think regular showering, deodrant, spray perfume and good personal hygiene works :p
The thing is, it does make one think about just how far we are going to go with changing what we were given naturally, the pressures we have to look, act and even smell a certain way. Its actually quite hypocritical of me to blog this really because I read this after having facial treatment and will I cancel the boob job? .............. nope :p
I don't know why this more than anything made me think about the industry I work in and even though I offer more natural therapies I am still sending the same message of how we should change our natural state to strive to become what we only ever see in touched up photos of near perfect models or the closest we can to them. I wonder what the future holds for our strive to physical perfection and also what the repercussions of that will be.